Potato Kabab Recipe – Aloo tikki asian dish
Servings: 6 yield(s)
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
- 4 potatoes (peeled), boiled
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup peas, boiled
- sea salt (as required)
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 100 ml refined oil
- 1 onion, julienne
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, small
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- Dry roast coriander seeds, pepper, and cumin in a pan. Powder the dry roasted spices into mortar and pestle.
- In a bowl mash four potatoes. In another bowl mash half a cup of peas. Combine these two together and mix well.
- Add 2 tsp ginger paste.
- In a pan, saute one onion (julienne) with refined oil and add them into aloo Tikki mixture.
- Add a little salt, roasted masala spice, green chilly, fresh coriander, and red chilli powder into aloo Tikki mixture. Mix well. Add 1/2 tsp oil for some moisture.
- Take a portion of aloo Tikki mixture and make a ball out of it and gently flatten them into a round shape. Keep them in a fridge for 30 minutes
- Sprinkle some flour onto them.
- In a pan, shallow fry the aloo Tikki with refined oil.
- Garnish and serve hot.