Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 45 Mins Total Time: 55 Mins
- Soak chickpeas overnight in water. Make sure to use a large bowl as the chickpeas will double in size.
- Boil in salted water for about 45 minutes till tender. A pressure cooker can also be used, and in that case the chickpeas will not need to be soaked. The time for pressure cooking will be about 30 minutes.
- If you are using canned chickpeas, make sure to drain the water from the can and rinse before using.
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl. Add diced tomatoes, diced onions, green chili, coriander and salt, chaat masala and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes to let the flavours. Adjust seasonings if required. Garnish with coriander leaves and chaat masala before serving.